Friday, October 7, 2011

Hunger

She approached me on the sidewalk.

Dark hair, greasy and unwashed.

Jeans. A sweatshirt. sneakers clearly well-worn.

She was maybe 21 or 22. Some remnants of acne on her face.

She needed a ride, she said. She really needed a meal.

She was thin, but rather attractive...

I handed her $20 and walked her to my car.

I asked her where she wanted to go -- she wanted to eat, and then probably on to the local shelter to sleep.

I didn't know what to say.

I drove to my office and invited her in. I took her to the restaurant on the ground floor. She ate a sandwich and I had a salad.

She warmed up over coffee and I took her upstairs.

I had thought she might want to sleep there and I could find a place for her, get her on her feet.

As she sat in the chair in front of my desk, I grabbed the back of her head and kissed her. She was tentative, pulled back ...but I persisted.

She gave in. Her hands on my body now as I sat down, positioning her in my lap.

My hand on her cheek, pulling her face to me.

I opened my eyes and could see her smiling.

I pulled back once more, almost apologetically.

She said, "no one has kissed me like that ever..."

And I went in for another kiss...

Our hands explored bodies...and our lips were locked ...

She wrapped her legs around my waist. We embraced, kissed, laughed.

An hour passed...

And our kisses were growing ever more intense.

Eventually, I asked her if she wanted to stay.

She said she really wanted a nice, hot shower.

I took her to the hotel down the street.

The room was well-appointed and she went straight to the bathroom.

I could hear the water running, feel the steam seep beneath the door.

she came out in a plush white robe looking radiant.

"I need some clothes," she said.

I noticed that she was incredibly lovely, if a bit thin.

I kissed her again, and again...

Then told her I'd be back.

I came back upstairs with my bags... a dress, some jeans and a couple of nice shirts, a pair of heels, and some sensible sneakers.

She was asleep.

I took a hot shower and wondered what the hell I was doing.

I came out in the men's robe and cuddled in behind her. I held her close to me and we fell asleep together.

No comments: