Monday, June 30, 2008

Fruit Salad

I'm at the water company paying my bill and this is what i hear:

"well, what are you going to bring for his going away party?"

"i hear he likes fruit salad, the kind with marshmallows."

"i've got a recipe for that kind, you know, with marshmallows. it's the kind with creamy sauce."

OK, so i immediately think: who the fuck needs a recipe for fruit salad?

What if "he" doesn't like creamy sauce?

here's my recipe for fruit salad: put some damn fruit in a bowl ... apples, pineapples, orange slices, bananas, some orange juice, grapes, maybe a few walnuts... and then throw in some marshmallows. if you don't want marshmallows, don't put them in.

my aunt used to make a "creamy" fruit salad that had raisins, nuts, and celery in it.. i guess you could put marshmallows in that, too...

my whole fucking point: who needs a damn recipe to make a fruit salad? fruit, a bowl, marshmallows ... that's it.

1 comment:

Chick said...

I agree...& creamy fruit salad sounds a little on the yucky side.

Damn fruit in a bowl...lol...not difficult.