Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Mission

One of my favorite movies of all time is "the Mission"

The music is great, the cinematography is outstanding. just incredible all around.

when i first watched it...over and over, i might add, i knew i was just like the Jeremy Irons character. Pure, innocent, on the right path and never wavering.

Now, I'm quite sure I've strayed from that path. that I may be much more like DeNiro than Irons. That I have to work at purity and that the darkness creeps in quite a bit.

i miss the Jeremy Irons I once was... but i have realized that you can't go back. You can't recapture innocence. It's the lesson you can only learn by experience... and by experience, you lose the innocence. Sure, i like being wiser and knowing more about the way things work... but i also crave that earlier, more pure way of viewing the world...

by the way, i think this blog is heading to be far less naughty and far more nate...

we'll see

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always liked just...nate....better anyway.

-sn

nate said...

um, is that you?

thanks for reading! :)

welcome! back!

Anonymous said...

of course it is....
i never left.